REAL COMBAT MEDIA BOXING 2016 ‘FIGHTER OF THE YEAR’
Roselle Park, NJ (January 3rd, 2017)– Welcome to our 5th annual Real Combat Media Boxing 2016 ‘Fighter of the year’ award. The fighters on our list pulled off major upsets or defeated the best fighters in their weight division. Here is our list for the top 6 fighters of 2016. Share and comment below of who your fighter of the year is.
6. Manny Pacquiao, 38 (59-6-2, 38 KOs) showed he is still at the top of the 147lb. division and bounced back nicely from his 2015 loss to Floyd Mayweather. In 2016, he defeated Tim Bradley and Jesse Vargas by two one sided decisions. During 2016, Pacquiao divided his time as a boxer and full time Senator of the Philippines. In 2017, look for possible fights between Crawford or possibly a rematch with Floyd Mayweather if he decides to come out of retirement.
5. Carl Frampton, 29, (23-0, 14 KOs) had an excellent 2016 with wins over Scott Quigg and undefeated Leo Santa Cruz in a Real Combat Media fight of the year candidate. What is notable about Frampton’s career, is he was able to move hum to 126lbs to defeat Cruz and was the underdog. Frampton, is trained by Shane McGuigan. On Jan. 28, Frampton will face Santa Cruz in a rematch, hoping to get quick start on 2017 fighter of the year honors.
4. Joe Smith Jr., 27 (23-1, 19 KOs) had a great year. He was a massive underdog against Andrzej Fonfara and knocked him out in the first round in June. In April he knocked out Fabiano Pena and in December he became the first fighter in history to knockout the legend Bernard Hopkins. In 2017, Smith Jr. should be in title contention at 175 and could be a potential opponent for any of the top 175bs. in the world.
3. Andre Ward , 32 , (31-0, 15 KOs) The former super middleweight champion fought at least twice in a year for the first time since 2011 and three times in a year for the first time since 2009. In 2016 he moved up to light heavyweight and defeated Alexander Brand, Sullivan Barrera and had a questionable unanimous decision over undefeated champion Sergey Kovalev. Much of press row had Kovalev defeating Ward but on paper Ward won and became the king of the Light Heavyweight division. Ward has mentioned he may retire, however most of the boxing community wants to see a rematch against Kovalev.
2. Vasyl Lomachenko ,28, (7-1, 5 KOs) the current Junior lightweight world titleholder , dominated Nicholas Walters and made him quit in the seventh round. Earlier in the year Lomachenko knocked out Rocky Martinez in the 5th round. Martinez was a former world champion. In 2017, Lomachenko is looking to avenge his only loss to Orlando Salido, which was in his first professional fight or battle the undefeated Cuban world champion, Guillermo Rigondeaux.
1. Terence Crawford ,29, (30-0, 21 KOs) defeated Hank Lundy in a fifth-round knockout win in February to retain his junior welterweight belt. In July, Crawford scored two knockdowns and dominated Viktor Postol, who was ranked No. 1 in the division ahead of Crawford, to unify world titles . He closed the year in December with an eighth-round knockout of John Molina. In 2017, look for Crawford to possibly move up to 147lbs or possibly fight Manny Pacquiao. Congratulations for Terence Crawford for winning the Real Combat Media 2016 Boxer of the Year.
CHECK OUT OUR QUALITY SPONSORED PRODUCTS BELOW
INCREASE YOUR CARDIO & CUT YOUR TRAINING TIME
INCREASE YOUR BRAIN FUNCTION WITH ALPHA BRAIN
INCREASE YOUR ENERGY
INCREASE YOUR TESTOSTERONE THE NATURAL WAY
ELEVATE YOUR MOOD WITH NEW MOOD
BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY WITH VIRUTECH
LEARN ABOUT HEMP PLANT PROTEIN
MIKE DOLCE WHEY PROTEIN
TOTAL PRIMATE MULTIVITAMINS
POWER FOOD GREENS
GAIN MUSCLE WITH THESE RECIPES
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER: @REALCOMBATMEDIA
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK: REALCOMBATMEDIA
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM : REALCOMBATMEDIA