Isabel Millan Retains WBF World Title By Disqualification
Monterrey, Mexico (December 10th, 2016)– Expectations were high at the Gimnasio Nuevo Leon in Monterrey, Mexico on Friday night, December 9, as defending World Boxing Federation (WBF) Womens World Flyweight Champion Isabel “La Estrella” Millan took on challenger, and compatriot, Sonia Osorio.
With not only the WBF world title at stake but also plenty of local pride and bragging rights, the many fans who had turned up for this interesting encounter had their hopes high for an exciting battle between two determined and skilled boxers.
Unfortunately they were left somewhat disappointed, as it turned out to be an ugly fight with plenty of fouling. Sonia Osorio had a point deducted by referee Sergio Hernandez in round five for head-butting, and a second point deduction in round eight for the same violation.
It all came to an end in the tenth and final round, when Osorio was finally disqualified as a result of repeated head-buts, which clearly left their marks on the face of Millan. The fight was officially called off at 1:21 of round ten, with Millan comfortably ahead on all scorecards.
Having won the WBF world title last April in France with a unanimous decision over then-champion Amira Hamzaoui, 31-year-old Millan scored her eighth straight victory and improved her professional record to 18-2-1 (8). Osorio, who is trained by the legendary Ignacio “Nacho” Beristein, falls to 8-3-1 (1).
The fight was the main event of a show promoted by Ana Maria Gonzalez and Uppercut Promotions.
- Mabundji Defeats Mukanya, Mayala Shocks Silverman in South Africa — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/06/mabundji-defeats-mukanya-mayala-shocks-silverman-south-africa/Follow Mabundji Destroys Mukanya, Mayala Shocks Silverman Cape Town, South Africa (June 24th, 2017)– The Cape Sun Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa hosted a night of entertaining professional boxing on Friday June 23, headlined by two fights for vacant World Boxing Federation (WBF) All Africa titles. And both WBF bouts had surprising endings, in [...]
- Odds of an Upset: One Round Brunson vs. Cintron Philadelphia Card Preview — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/06/odds-upset-one-round-brunson-vs-cintron-philadelphia-card-preview/Follow Odds of an Upset: One Round Brunson vs. Cintron Philadelphia Card Preview By Robert Brizel, Head Real Combat Media Boxing Correspondent Philadelphia, PA (June 24th, 2017)– In a unique all-Philadelphia matchup main event tonight, June 24, 2017, Saturdsy, at 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Tyrone ‘One Round’ Brunson puts it all on the [...]
- Boxing Weights from ‘Night of the Rising Stars 2’ at Deauville Beach Resort in Miami — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/06/boxing-weights-night-rising-stars-2-deauville-beach-resort-miami/Follow Weights from ‘Night of the Rising Stars 2’ at Deauville Beach Resort in Miami Marcos Escuderos 174lb vs Eric Abraham 179.1lb Eduardo Perez 155.2lb vs Donald Woods 150lb Jessy Cruz 125.2lb vs Angel Monrreal 125lb Ulysses Diaz 191.2lb vs Rashad Jones 182lb Robert Daniels 175lb vs James Rodriguez 173.2lb Chris Velez 147.2lb vs Javier [...]
- BRYANT JENNINGS SIGNS WITH TOP RANK — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/06/bryant-jennings-signs-top-rank/Follow BRYANT JENNINGS SIGNS WITH TOP RANK Two-Time Heavyweight Championship Challenger Ready to Make Another Run at the Title Photo/Video Credit: Top Rank https://app.box.com/s/potpgtrkyj90qkbhs922rlvt0rcub2oe LAS VEGAS, NEV. (June 23, 2017) — Top Rank® announced that it has signed two-time world heavyweight championship challenger BRYANT JENNINGS to an exclusive promotional agreement. Co-promoted [...]
- WORLD BOXING SUPER SERIES UPDATES & CONFIRMED MATCHUPS — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/06/world-boxing-super-series-updates-confirmed-matchups/Follow Click HERE to Download Press Release PDFCOMMENTS COMMENTS@REALCOMBATMEDIA - Editorial StaffEditor in ChiefWe are the Editorial staff for the top independent international boxing and mma online publication since 2012. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @realcombatmedia. For breaking news reports, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and for advertising or publicity service inquiries, email us [...]