Program Lineup Through Thursday May 8
|Fri May 2 9:00PM ET||MMA||WSOF Central America – Wesley Team vs Da Luta 2||$9.99|
|Fri May 2 10:00PM ET||MMA||Tuff-N-Uff: Future Stars of MMA May 2||$9.99|
|Sat May 3 11:00PM ET||MMA||Ultimate Reno Combat 46||$9.99|
MMA Weekend on GFL.tv
Tuff-N-Uff: Future Stars of MMA May 2
Fri May 2 10:00PM ET
LAS VEGAS – The big boys will rule the cage on May 2, as the nation’s premier amateur mixed martial arts promotion returns to Las Vegas’ Cox Pavilion.
“Tuff-N-Uff: The Future Stars of MMA” sees Las Vegas’ own Charles “Chucky” Williams (5-0), the promotion’s reigning super heavyweight champion, put his belt on the line in a rematch with Michigan’s Jeremy Umland (3-1).
“As always, we’ve got fantastic matchups on this card from top to bottom, and we’ll see some of the absolute best prospects in the sport compete in our cage,” Tuff-N-Uff exec and co-founder Jeff Meyer said. “But I’m really looking forward to this main event. There’s something special about two massive opponents squaring off that gets you excited, and both of these super heavyweights are capable of ending the bout with just one punch. As their first matchup proved, these two are always in exciting matchups.”
The first Tuff-N-Uff fight is at 7 p.m., and doors to the venue open one hour earlier.
Williams and Umland first met in August 2012, with the champ needing just 10 seconds to score a first-round TKO. It was Umland who rushed forward with power at the opening bell, but Williams dropped him with a stiff counter right and finished the fight with a barrage of strikes on the floor. For Umland, who protested the stoppage at the time, the loss remains the only blemish on his amateur record, and he now looks to avenge that result.
In addition to the night’s main event, “Tuff-N-Uff: The Future Stars of MMA” will feature a full lineup of bouts featuring top amateur talent from Las Vegas and around the nation. Top camps represented on the card include 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, One Kick’s Gym, Robert Drysdale Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Syndicate MMA and Xtreme Couture.
Come see the future stars of mixed martial arts or steam the fights from anywhere around the world on GFL.tv.For full fight card and more details about this event, visit gfl.tv or click here
WSOF Central America – Wesley Team vs Da Luta 2
Fri May 2 9:00PM ET
World Series of Fighting (WSoF) returns to GFL.tv on May 2 with “World Series of Fighting – Wesley Team vs Da Luta 2”. The event is a stacked card featuring many of Central America’s top up and coming MMA fighters. The main event will be headlined by a WSoF Central America Welterweight Title fight.
In the main event, for the inaugural WSoF Central America Welterweight Championship, Domingo “El Toro” Estrada takes on Cristan “Robocop” Soto. Estrada brings a strong wrestling game into the cage and will be looking for the takedown where he can work his ground and pound. Soto is looking to bounce back from a tough loss and has managed to find himself in a title fight. Soto plans to stay on his feet and attack Estrada with leg kicks and punches. Soto has KO power in both hands so this fight should be explosive.
In the co-main event, the WSoF Central America Lightweight Title will be on the line when Armando “Batusai” Aguilar fights Marcial “La Fibra” Florez. Aguilar is a relentless wrestler and is always looking to press the action. He is big for a lightweight and favors a fight that is fought on the ground with him on top working for dominant position or going for a submission. Florez is a well-rounded fighter who likes to mix his grappling with his striking. Florez has an iron jaw and fists of fury so don’t blink. He doesn’t mind stepping into the danger zone if he can connect with his shots too. This will be a fight that showcases two very different styles to fighting so that makes for an interesting chess match in the cage.
The rest of the card will showcase the rising stars of Central America as they look to turn heads and open the eyes of the WSoF staff and get another opportunity to fight on a future card on NBC Sports in the United States. There is plenty at stake for each and every athlete on the card and they will all be looking for the KO or submission.
WSOF continues to change the MMA landscape. Check out their return to Central America with “World Series of Fighting – Wesley Team vs Da Luta 2” which can be ordered now on GFL.tv.For full fight card and more details about this event, visit gfl.tv or click here
Ultimate Reno Combat 46
Sat May 3 11:00PM ET
Northern Nevada’s #1 cage fighting event returns as “Ultimate Reno Combat 46” returns live on March 1, at the Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada. Voted the #1 Amateur MMA Event in the Nation, URC always showcases the top up and coming fighters from around Nevada and California.
URC 46 will be no different as the very best of the best in the amateur ranks will compete in the cage where Blood Happens! If you can’t be there live in Reno, experience the thrill of every punch, kick, takedown and submission via the comfort of your home. Stream it live on the GFL Combat Sports Network.
The URC Bantamweight title will be at stake as local fighter E.J. Schmehl (3-3) takes on undefeated Justin Durham (3-0). Schmehl won his last fight via decision where he outpointed his opponent with proficient striking and well-timed wrestling. Schmehl is a tough wrestler who is hard to stop and he has no problem grinding down his opponent over three rounds. This will be Schmehl’s second attempt at gold and he is ready to do whatever he has to in hopes of becoming champion. Durham comes from California and has shown an ability to take out his opponents with punishing strikes as all 3 of his wins have come via KO. Durham is a rising prospect on the West Coast and he will look to offset Schmehl’s aggressiveness with some well places punches. These two are sure to go toe to toe and have the crowd on their feet when they meet in the ring.
Fan favorite Bryan Jones (4-2) will also throw down. Jones always gives it his all and is known for stealing the show inside the cage. Whenever Jones is fighting you can’t afford to miss it. Jones is a heavy handed lightweight and can end any fight with one punch. Don’t blink when he steps into the cage.
There will also be several female fights on the card anchored by the toughest women around including Brieta Carpenter (2-1) who is looking to rebound from a title loss, Jordan Raulston (1-2) who looks to get her record to .500 and Nicole Upshaw (1-1) from Arizona who will be making her debut for URC.
Watch the champions of tomorrow compete today! Don’t miss this loaded event with loaded mixed martial arts fight as Northern Nevada’s “Ultimate Reno Combat 46” comes to you live on GFL.tv on January 4.For full fight card and more details about this event, visit gfl.tv or click here
- CHEICK KONGO AGAINST AUGUSTO SAKAI ADDED TO BELLATOR 179 — FOLLOW AND SHARE HEAVYWEIGHT FEATURE FIGHT PITTING CHEICK KONGO AGAINST AUGUSTO SAKAI ADDED TO BELLATOR 179: DALEY VS. MACDONALD AT THE SSE ARENA, WEMBLEY ON MAY 19 BELLATOR 179 PRELIMINARY MATCHUPS SET LOS ANGELES — A newly announced heavyweight bout featuring Cheick Kongo (26-10-2) against Augusto Sakai (9-0-1) has been added to the already-electric Bellator [...]
- PATRICKY ‘PITBULL’ VS. DEREK CAMPOS 2 SET TO HEADLINE BELLATOR 181 — FOLLOW AND SHARE PATRICKY ‘PITBULL’ VS. DEREK CAMPOS 2 SET TO HEADLINE BELLATOR 181 AT WINSTAR WORLD CASINO AND RESORT ON JULY 14 LOS ANGELES — Bellator MMA is returning to WinStar World Casino and Resort in Thackerville, Okla. with a lightweight main event pitting Patricky “Pitbull” Freire(17-8) against Derek Campos (18-6) on Friday, July 14. [...]
- PHIL DAVIS SET TO DEFEND LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE AGAINST RYAN BADER DURING SPIKE-TELEVISED BELLATOR 180 — FOLLOW AND SHARE PHIL DAVIS SET TO DEFEND LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE AGAINST RYAN BADER DURING SPIKE-TELEVISED BELLATOR 180 WRESTLING PHENOM AARON PICO TO MAKE MMA DEBUT AGAINST ZACH FREEMAN ON MAIN CARD ALSO, NEIMAN GRACIE VS. DAVE MARFONE ADDED TO SPIKE TELECAST, WHILE RYAN COUTURE-HAIM GOZALI ANCHOR BELLATOR 180 PRELIMS ON BELLATOR.COM LOS ANGELES – The [...]
- COMBATE AMERICAS ANNOUNCES NINE-BOUT LINEUP FOR CINCO DE MAYO MMA EVENT IN VENTURA, CALIFORNIA — FOLLOW AND SHARE COMBATE AMERICAS ANNOUNCES NINE-BOUT LINEUP FOR CINCO DE MAYO MMA EVENT IN VENTURA, CALIFORNIA LIVE FROM VENTURA COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS ON FRIDAY, MAY 5 LIGHTWEIGHT MAIN EVENT: JOSE “FROGGY” ESTRADA VS. EMILIO CHAVEZ Lightweight Co-Main Event: Danny “The Realist” Ramirez vs. Chris “Taco” Padilla Plus: John “Sexy Mexy” Castaneda vs. Chris Beal Alyssa [...]
- Evloev stops Nevzorov to capture Interim M-1 Challenge bantamweight title — FOLLOW AND SHARE Evloev stops Nevzorov to capture Interim M-1 Challenge bantamweight title M-1 CHALLENGE 76 RESULTS NAZRAN, Ingushetia, Russia (April 23, 2017) – Undefeated Movsar Evloev captured the Interim M-1 Challenge bantamweight title in last night’s M-1 Challenge 76 main event at Nazran, Ingushetia, Russia. Evloev improved his professional MMA record to 7-0-0, all in M-1 [...]