Video Feature on Mike Ruiz Jr. click here
Photos: Lukie Ketelle
Mike Ruiz Jr. fights for title April 15th in Brooks, CA
Fresno, CA – Mike Ruiz Jr. (11-4-2 4KOs) of Fresno, CA returns April 15th at the Cache Creek Casino and Resort in Brooks, CA against former IBF world champion Rodrigo Guerrero (25-6-1 18KOs) in the main event as he fights for the junior bantamweight International Boxing Association title.
Things have not always been easy for Mike Ruiz Jr., who saw a rough patch four years ago losing fights to a few top prospect as his future was unclear in the sport of boxing. Ruiz Jr. knew something had to change and moved his camp to Main Event Boxing Gym in Fresno, CA and picked up the biggest win of his career.
Last year, Ruiz Jr. rematched Bruno Escalante, a top contender in the super flyweight division and picked up a major victory that put him in line for this title shot.
We recently caught up with Mike Ruiz Jr. and this is what Ruiz Jr. had to say:
On fight for the IBA junior bantamweight title:
“It means a lot, it shows where you’re at in this stage of your career when you’re fighting for something and try to accomplish it. This is the next step forward to the ultimate goal, all four world titles!”
On turning career around:
“I knew I had people doubting and I told myself, if I am going to go further, I need to improve my training. It took me like four to five years for me to get to where I am at now and have the opportunities I once had. I can’t fail anymore, I can’t lose anymore.”
On mindset in camp:
“I told myself a year and half ago, that when it is all said and done I wanted to be able to say I gave my all. I have the right people to help me right now to get me to the top of the division.”
“I have a head coach, Tommy of Main Event Boxing Gym in Fresno as well as Joey Hernandez helps me with technical boxing and I have a strength and conditioning coach. I have a very good camp right now and am ready for this fight.”
On what to expect for this fight:
“The fans can expect Mike Ruiz Jr. to fight and show everybody what I am capable of doing in the ring.”
On April 15th, Mike Ruiz Jr. will look to complete his comeback as he fights for a title at Cache Creek Casino and Resort in the main event against former world champion Rodrigo Guerrero in 10 round main event in Brooks, Ca.
First bell is at 6PM.
Cache Creek Casino and Resort is located at 14455 State Hwy 16 in Brooks, CA. Please enter the casino and follow signage to the event.
You can join the conversation by using the hashtags #TodoONada #PacoPresentsBoxing. Please follow us on Twitter at @PacoPresentsBox, @CacheCreekCR and @TeamRuiz01. Please follow us on Instagram @PacoPresents, @CacheCreekCasino, @TeamRuiz01, @AlbertOG86, @Champion_831 and @VergaraBoxing. As well as like us on Facebook at facebook.com/PacoPresentsBo
xing and facebook.com/cachecre ek.
Mike Ruiz Jr. vs. Rodrigo Guerrero for title April 15th in Brooks, CA
- Unbeaten Super-Lightweight Phenom DEVIN “THE DREAM” HANEY Returns To The Ring November 4th — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/10/unbeaten-super-lightweight-phenom-devin-dream-haney-returns-ring-november-4th/Follow Unbeaten Super-Lightweight Phenom DEVIN “THE DREAM” HANEY RETURNS TO THE RING NOVEMBER 4 IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA A LIVE PAY-PER-STEAM WILL BE AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON FIGHTTYME.COM FOR $5.99 Photo by Team Haney LAS VEGAS, NV (October 19, 2017) – Undefeated super-lightweight prospect, 18-year old sensation, Devin “The Dream” Haney (17-0, 11 KOs), will make his return to the ring on Saturday, [...]
- Bellator 185: Mousasi vs. Shlemenko Weigh-in & Live Prelim Card — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/10/53942/Follow Complete Bellator 185: Mousasi vs. Shlemenko Fight Card: Middleweight Main Event: Gegard Mousasi (42-6-2) vs. Alexander Shlemenko (56-9, 1 NC) Welterweight Feature Bout: Neiman Gracie (6-0) vs. Zak Bucia (18-8) Women’s Flyweight Feature Bout: Heather Hardy (1-0) vs. Kristina Williams (Debut) Lightweight Feature Bout: Ryan Quinn (13-7) vs. Marcus Surin (4-0) Women’s Flyweight Feature [...]
- Former UFC heavyweight title challenger Gabriel “Napao” Gonzaga Makes Boxing Debut October 28 in Worcester, MA — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/10/former-ufc-heavyweight-title-challenger-gabriel-napao-gonzaga-makes-boxing-debut/Follow New boxing chapter to start for former UFC heavyweight title challenger Gabriel “Napao” Gonzaga October 28 in Worcester, MA WORCESTER, Mass. (October 19, 2017) – The next chapter of former UFC heavyweight title challenger Gabriel “Napao” Gonzaga starts October 28th when he makes his professional boxing debut fighting on the “New England Future 4” card, the fourth [...]
- World Boxing Super Series Murat Gassiev vs. Krzysztof Wlodarczyk Final Press Conference Quotes & Photos — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/10/world-boxing-super-series-murat-gassiev-vs-krzysztof-wlodarczyk-final-press-conference-quotes-photos/Follow World Boxing Super Series Murat Gassiev vs. Krzysztof Wlodarczyk Final Press Conference Quotes & Photos WBSS Cruiserweight Quarter-final Headlines Action Saturday, October 21 from Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. & on AUDIENCE Network Click HERE for Photos from Stephanie Trapp/Ringstar Sports NEW YORK (October 19, 2017) – IBF Champion Murat Gassiev and former champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk went face-to-face Thursday [...]
- Jason “El Canito” Sosa to Clash with Robinson “Robin Hood” Castellanos on Televised Undercard of Kovalev vs. Shab... — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/10/jason-el-canito-sosa-clash-robinson-robin-hood-castellanos-televised-undercard-kovalev-vs-shabranskyy/Follow Jason “El Canito” Sosa to Clash with Robinson “Robin Hood” Castellanos on Televised Undercard of Kovalev vs. Shabranskyy at The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City Saturday, November 25 Televised Live on HBO World Championship Boxing® Portion of Ticket Proceeds to be Donated to Hurricane and Earthquake Relief [...]