Video Feature on Mike Ruiz Jr. click here
Photos: Lukie Ketelle
Mike Ruiz Jr. fights for title April 15th in Brooks, CA
Fresno, CA – Mike Ruiz Jr. (11-4-2 4KOs) of Fresno, CA returns April 15th at the Cache Creek Casino and Resort in Brooks, CA against former IBF world champion Rodrigo Guerrero (25-6-1 18KOs) in the main event as he fights for the junior bantamweight International Boxing Association title.
Things have not always been easy for Mike Ruiz Jr., who saw a rough patch four years ago losing fights to a few top prospect as his future was unclear in the sport of boxing. Ruiz Jr. knew something had to change and moved his camp to Main Event Boxing Gym in Fresno, CA and picked up the biggest win of his career.
Last year, Ruiz Jr. rematched Bruno Escalante, a top contender in the super flyweight division and picked up a major victory that put him in line for this title shot.
We recently caught up with Mike Ruiz Jr. and this is what Ruiz Jr. had to say:
On fight for the IBA junior bantamweight title:
“It means a lot, it shows where you’re at in this stage of your career when you’re fighting for something and try to accomplish it. This is the next step forward to the ultimate goal, all four world titles!”
On turning career around:
“I knew I had people doubting and I told myself, if I am going to go further, I need to improve my training. It took me like four to five years for me to get to where I am at now and have the opportunities I once had. I can’t fail anymore, I can’t lose anymore.”
On mindset in camp:
“I told myself a year and half ago, that when it is all said and done I wanted to be able to say I gave my all. I have the right people to help me right now to get me to the top of the division.”
“I have a head coach, Tommy of Main Event Boxing Gym in Fresno as well as Joey Hernandez helps me with technical boxing and I have a strength and conditioning coach. I have a very good camp right now and am ready for this fight.”
On what to expect for this fight:
“The fans can expect Mike Ruiz Jr. to fight and show everybody what I am capable of doing in the ring.”
On April 15th, Mike Ruiz Jr. will look to complete his comeback as he fights for a title at Cache Creek Casino and Resort in the main event against former world champion Rodrigo Guerrero in 10 round main event in Brooks, Ca.
First bell is at 6PM.
Cache Creek Casino and Resort is located at 14455 State Hwy 16 in Brooks, CA. Please enter the casino and follow signage to the event.
You can join the conversation by using the hashtags #TodoONada #PacoPresentsBoxing. Please follow us on Twitter at @PacoPresentsBox, @CacheCreekCR and @TeamRuiz01. Please follow us on Instagram @PacoPresents, @CacheCreekCasino, @TeamRuiz01, @AlbertOG86, @Champion_831 and @VergaraBoxing. As well as like us on Facebook at facebook.com/PacoPresentsBo
xing and facebook.com/cachecre ek.
Mike Ruiz Jr. vs. Rodrigo Guerrero for title April 15th in Brooks, CA
- LIGHTWEIGHTS WESLEY FERRER AND WILL MADERA BATTLE TO A DRAW AT BROADWAY BOXING — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/12/lightweights-wesley-ferrer-will-madera-battle-draw/Follow LIGHTWEIGHTS WESLEY FERRER AND WILL MADERA BATTLE TO A DRAW FORMER LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPION DEJAN ZLATICANIN RETURNS WITH EXPLOSIVE KNOCKOUT HURSHIDBEK NORMATOV OUTPOINTS NICKLAUS FLAZ IN THRILLER B.B. KING BLUES CLUB & GRILL, NEW YORK, NY New York, NY (12/15/17) – In front of a packed house on Thursday night, DiBella Entertainment returned [...]
- CARLOS “THE SOLUTION” MORALES EARNS VACANT NABA SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE IN MAIN EVENT OF GOLDEN BOY BOXING ON ESPN — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/12/54744/Follow CARLOS “THE SOLUTION” MORALES EARNS VACANT NABA SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE VIA TECHNICAL UNANIMOUS DECISION VICTORY AGAINST DARDAN ZENUNAJ IN MAIN EVENT OF GOLDEN BOY BOXING ON ESPN AT FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO RAUL “EL CUGAR” CURIEL PUMMELS ISRAEL VILLELA EN ROUTE TO FOURTH-ROUND KNOCKOUT WIN IN CO-MAIN EVENT 2012 OLYMPIC BRONZE MEDALIST MARLEN ESPARZA [...]
- Three-Division World Champion Mikey Garcia Seeks Title in a Fourth Weight Class When He Challenges Sergey Lipinets — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/12/three-division-world-champion-mikey-garcia-seeks-title-fourth-weight-class-challenges/Follow Three-Division World Champion Mikey Garcia Seeks Title in a Fourth Weight Class When He Challenges Unbeaten 140-pound Champion Sergey Lipinets Saturday, Feb. 10 Live on SHOWTIME® at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas & Presented by Premier Boxing Champions Undefeated Two-Time World Champion Rances Barthelemy to Rematch Kiryl Relikh for Vacant 140-Pound Title In [...]
- Jessie Vargas vs. Aaron Herrera PBC on FS1 & FOX Deportes Official Weights & Weigh-In Photos — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/12/54733/Follow Click HERE for PDF Version Click HERE for Photos from Pete Young/Premier Boxing Champions COMMENTS COMMENTS@REALCOMBATMEDIA - Editorial StaffEditor in ChiefWe are the Editorial staff for the top independent international boxing and mma online publication since 2012. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @realcombatmedia. For breaking news reports, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and for advertising or publicity [...]
- CARLOS MORALES VS. DARDAN ZENUNAJ WEIGHTS FROM INDIO, CA — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/12/carlos-morales-vs-dardan-zenunaj-weights/Follow CARLOS MORALES VS. DARDAN ZENUNAJ Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017 Fantasy Springs Resort Casino Indio, California Click HERE for Photos Photo Credit Tom Hogan- Hoganphotos/Golden Boy Promotions *Note: Due to Diego De La Hoya’s inability to make weight, and because both teams could not come to an agreement thereafter, his fight against Jose Salgado is off. TV bouts [...]