BROADWAY BOXING DEBUTS IN BIL
Biloxi, MS (2/11/17) – After promoting one of the most action-packed “ShoBox” main events in the history of the SHOWTIME series waged by Ivan Baranchyk and Abel Ramos, DiBella Entertainment is back just 24 hours later debuting its “Broadway Boxing” series in Biloxi, MS. The nine-bout card at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino features talented contenders and promising up-and-comers from the South. The event is promoted by DiBella Entertainment and Rite Hook Promotions in association with Hard Rock Casino. The “Broadway Boxing” series is presented by Nissan of Queens, Azad Watches, OPTYX, and Christos Steak House.
In the main event, Regis “Rougarou” Prograis (18-0, 15 KOs) will defend his NABF junior welterweight title for the first time since he defeated Luis Eduardo Flores in June of last year to win the strap. Prograis faces tough-as-nails Colombian southpaw Wilfrido Buelvas (18-6, 12 KOs) in a 10-round bout. Prograis, who trains in Houston with coach Bobby Benton, looks to keep the momentum that he gained over three spectacular, high profile wins, beginning with the trouncing of previously undefeated Abel Ramos (17-2-2, 12 KOs), on Showtime in December 2015. Prograis, who began his amateur boxing career at 17 years old, amassed 100 amateur wins before making his pro debut in 2012.
Houston’s Cedric Agnew (28-2, 14 KOs) will end a 17-month layoff to square off in an eight-round bout at cruiserweight against Martin Verdin (21-19-2, 11 KOs), of Dulac, LA. Agnew, who is also trained by Bobby Benton, last fought in August 2015, earning a unanimous decision over St. Louis’ Kevin Engel. The former WBC USNBC and USBA titlist was widely regarded as one of the most avoided light heavyweights and he intends to climb back up the rankings as he seeks out the top fighters at 175 pounds. Verdin is a veteran who has faced a diverse field of opponents and, in his last outing, bested Mississippi’s Billy Cunningham via six-round unanimous decision.
Baton Rouge’s Eric Walker (14-0, 7 KOs) will be making his DiBella Entertainment debut in an eight-round contest at middleweight against Zack Kuhn (9-3-1, 4 KOs), of Charleston, WV. It was announced earlier this week that Walker, who is an attraction across the South, signed with DiBella Entertainment after promoter Lou DiBella met the 33-year-old father of two at the WBC Convention in Miami. Walker garnered the attention of media and fans after handing prospect Chris Pearson his first defeat in December 2015. Walker followed that up by seizing the WBC Continental Americas junior middleweight title last June.
“Cracking” Craig Callaghan (15-1, 6 KOs) takes on fellow Houston fighter and late replacement Starr Johnson (5-26-1, 4 KOs) in an eight-round junior middleweight rematch. Callaghan is on an eight-fight winning streak following his only defeat in November 2014.
Rounding out the card, Houston’s Pablo Cruz (13-1, 5 KOs) faces Markale Duncan (3-3), of Forrest Hill, TX, over six rounds in the junior lightweight division. Junior welterweight Cody Richard (18-2-1, 9 KOs), of Orange, TX, faces Gulfport’s Bobby Hill (5-30-1, 1 KO) in a six-round bout. Tampa, FL, fighter Mike Bissett (12-9, 8 KOs) faces off at cruiserweight with Louisiana’s Jimmy Owensby (4-5, 2 KOs) over six rounds, and Tuscaloosa-based cruiserweight Dandre “Deon” Nicholson (1-0, 1 KO) takes on Clarksville’s Tirik Johnson (0-2) in a four-rounder. Meridian, Mississippi’s Charles Dale (5-1, 2 KOs) competes in a four-round heavyweight bout against Adrian Miles (0-1), of Birmingham, AL.
Tickets for the February 11 “Broadway Boxing” event, which is promoted by DiBella Entertainment and Rite Hook Promotions in association with Hard Rock Casino, are priced at $75, $60, $50, $40 and standing room only for $20. Tickets can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000. The “Broadway Boxing” series is presented by Nissan of Queens, Azad Watches, OPTYX, and Christos Steak House. Doors open at 5:O0pm CT, with the first fight scheduled for 6:00pm CT.
140 lbs. 147.2 lbs.*
180.1 lbs. 184 lbs.
13-1, 5 KO’s 3-3
125.9 lbs. 127 lbs.
Orange, TX Gulfport, MS
138 lbs. 139.3 lbs.
15-1, 6 KO’s 5-26-1, 4 KO’s
147.7 lbs. 147 lbs.
12-9, 8 KO’s 4-5, 2 KO’s
196 lbs. 194.2 lbs.
194 lbs. 232 lbs.
- BROOK VS. SPENCE & GROVES VS. CHUDINOV RESULTS, POST PRESSER, VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS & INTERVIEWS — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest BROOK VS. SPENCE & GROVES VS. CHUDINOV RESULTS, POST PRESSER, VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS & INTERVIEWS Photo Credit: Richard Sellers/PA Images/Getty Images By ESPN Boxing Sheffield, UK (May 28th, 2017)– Kell Brook surrendered his IBF welterweight title to Errol Spence Jr. after the American produced an impressive performance to claim his first world title Saturday. Spence [...]
- Undefeated Oshin Derieuw Dominates Marion Montanari, Secures WBF International Title in France — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest Derieuw Dominates Montanari, Secures WBF International Title Louvroil, France (May 28th, 2017)– Undefeated Oshin Derieuw put on a master-class on Saturday night at the Salle Marcel Dufour in Louvroil, France, beating compatriot Marion Montanari to win the vacant World Boxing Federation (WBF) Womens International Light Welterweight title. Headlining a show promoted by [...]
- BROOK VS. SPENCE JR. WILL HAVE ADDITIONAL SECURITY MEASURES — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest BROOK VS. SPENCE JR.: CONFIRMATION OF ADDITIONAL SECURITY MEASURES Matchroom Boxing, Sheffield United FC and South Yorkshire Police working to ensure a safe night for fight fans Sheffield, UK (27th of May, 2017)– Following the tragic events on Monday night in Manchester, organisers are doing everything possible to ensure Saturday’s world championship [...]
- “Brave Warriors In Action” PPV Weights, pictures & quotes & Weigh in in Mexico — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest“Brave Warriors In Action” PPV Weights, pictures & quotes from today’s Weigh in in Mexico Showcasing undefeated heavyweight Tyrone “King of the Heavyweights” Spong OFFICIAL WEIGHTS, PICTURES & QUOTES MAIN EVENT – VACANT WBO LATINO LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (10 rounds) MANUEL “El Venado” CEBALLOS (12-1, 8 KOs), Merida, Yucatan, Mexico lbs. vs. CESAR HERNAN [...]
- KELL BROOK VS. ERROL SPENCE & GEORGE GROVES VS. FEDOR CHUDINOV COMPLETE WEIGH-IN VIDEO — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest Kell Brook vs. Errol Spence, Jr. Official Weights & Pictures AIRING LIVE IN CANADA TOMORROW EXCLUSIVELY ON SUPER CHANNEL OFFICIAL WEIGHTS & PICTURES (All pictures courtesy of Larry Ludwig / Matchroom Boxing) Main Event – IBF World Welterweight Championship (12 rounds) (L) Kell “The Special One” Brook (36-1, 25 KOs), Champion, Sheffield, [...]