BROADWAY BOXING DEBUTS IN BIL
Biloxi, MS (2/11/17) – After promoting one of the most action-packed “ShoBox” main events in the history of the SHOWTIME series waged by Ivan Baranchyk and Abel Ramos, DiBella Entertainment is back just 24 hours later debuting its “Broadway Boxing” series in Biloxi, MS. The nine-bout card at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino features talented contenders and promising up-and-comers from the South. The event is promoted by DiBella Entertainment and Rite Hook Promotions in association with Hard Rock Casino. The “Broadway Boxing” series is presented by Nissan of Queens, Azad Watches, OPTYX, and Christos Steak House.
In the main event, Regis “Rougarou” Prograis (18-0, 15 KOs) will defend his NABF junior welterweight title for the first time since he defeated Luis Eduardo Flores in June of last year to win the strap. Prograis faces tough-as-nails Colombian southpaw Wilfrido Buelvas (18-6, 12 KOs) in a 10-round bout. Prograis, who trains in Houston with coach Bobby Benton, looks to keep the momentum that he gained over three spectacular, high profile wins, beginning with the trouncing of previously undefeated Abel Ramos (17-2-2, 12 KOs), on Showtime in December 2015. Prograis, who began his amateur boxing career at 17 years old, amassed 100 amateur wins before making his pro debut in 2012.
Houston’s Cedric Agnew (28-2, 14 KOs) will end a 17-month layoff to square off in an eight-round bout at cruiserweight against Martin Verdin (21-19-2, 11 KOs), of Dulac, LA. Agnew, who is also trained by Bobby Benton, last fought in August 2015, earning a unanimous decision over St. Louis’ Kevin Engel. The former WBC USNBC and USBA titlist was widely regarded as one of the most avoided light heavyweights and he intends to climb back up the rankings as he seeks out the top fighters at 175 pounds. Verdin is a veteran who has faced a diverse field of opponents and, in his last outing, bested Mississippi’s Billy Cunningham via six-round unanimous decision.
Baton Rouge’s Eric Walker (14-0, 7 KOs) will be making his DiBella Entertainment debut in an eight-round contest at middleweight against Zack Kuhn (9-3-1, 4 KOs), of Charleston, WV. It was announced earlier this week that Walker, who is an attraction across the South, signed with DiBella Entertainment after promoter Lou DiBella met the 33-year-old father of two at the WBC Convention in Miami. Walker garnered the attention of media and fans after handing prospect Chris Pearson his first defeat in December 2015. Walker followed that up by seizing the WBC Continental Americas junior middleweight title last June.
“Cracking” Craig Callaghan (15-1, 6 KOs) takes on fellow Houston fighter and late replacement Starr Johnson (5-26-1, 4 KOs) in an eight-round junior middleweight rematch. Callaghan is on an eight-fight winning streak following his only defeat in November 2014.
Rounding out the card, Houston’s Pablo Cruz (13-1, 5 KOs) faces Markale Duncan (3-3), of Forrest Hill, TX, over six rounds in the junior lightweight division. Junior welterweight Cody Richard (18-2-1, 9 KOs), of Orange, TX, faces Gulfport’s Bobby Hill (5-30-1, 1 KO) in a six-round bout. Tampa, FL, fighter Mike Bissett (12-9, 8 KOs) faces off at cruiserweight with Louisiana’s Jimmy Owensby (4-5, 2 KOs) over six rounds, and Tuscaloosa-based cruiserweight Dandre “Deon” Nicholson (1-0, 1 KO) takes on Clarksville’s Tirik Johnson (0-2) in a four-rounder. Meridian, Mississippi’s Charles Dale (5-1, 2 KOs) competes in a four-round heavyweight bout against Adrian Miles (0-1), of Birmingham, AL.
Tickets for the February 11 “Broadway Boxing” event, which is promoted by DiBella Entertainment and Rite Hook Promotions in association with Hard Rock Casino, are priced at $75, $60, $50, $40 and standing room only for $20. Tickets can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000. The “Broadway Boxing” series is presented by Nissan of Queens, Azad Watches, OPTYX, and Christos Steak House. Doors open at 5:O0pm CT, with the first fight scheduled for 6:00pm CT.
140 lbs. 147.2 lbs.*
180.1 lbs. 184 lbs.
13-1, 5 KO’s 3-3
125.9 lbs. 127 lbs.
Orange, TX Gulfport, MS
138 lbs. 139.3 lbs.
15-1, 6 KO’s 5-26-1, 4 KO’s
147.7 lbs. 147 lbs.
12-9, 8 KO’s 4-5, 2 KO’s
196 lbs. 194.2 lbs.
194 lbs. 232 lbs.
- REAL COMBAT MEDIA UK: SCOTT QUIGG FACES VIOREL SIMION AT WEMBLEY STADIUM — FOLLOW AND SHARE QUIGG FACES SIMION AT WEMBLEY STADIUM Brit begins Roach partnership on Joshua vs. Klitschko bill London, UK (March 29th, 2017)– Scott Quigg will face Viorel Simion on the Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko bill at Wembley Stadium Connected by EE on April 29, live on Sky Sports Box Office. [...]
- Welterweight Angel Manfredy RCM Interview: How You Go To Heaven With Boxing — FOLLOW AND SHARE Welterweight Angel Manfredy Interview: How You Go To Heaven With Boxing By Robert Brizel, Head Real Combat Media Boxing Correspondent In a Real Combat Media international interview exclusive, former world welterweight contender Angel Manfredy cited his spiritual kinship with the lord as the inspiration for his current career training and working [...]
- Ruben Villa & Michael Dutchover to make East Coast-debut’s on Friday, April 14th at The MGM Nati... — FOLLOW AND SHARE Heralded Prospects Ruben Villa & Michael Dutchover to make East Coast-debut’s on Friday, April 14th at The MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland Tickets On Sale Now ! Ruben Villa (left) and Michael Dutchover Oxon Hill, Md. (March 28, 2017) –Highly regarded and undefeated prospects, Ruben Villa and [...]
- Unbeaten Prospect Leduan Barthelemy Drops & Stops Reynaldo Blanco in Round Nine of Premier Boxing Cham... — FOLLOW AND SHARE Unbeaten Prospect Leduan Barthelemy Drops & Stops Reynaldo Blanco in Round Nine of Premier Boxing Champions TOE-TO-TOE TUESDAYS on FS1 & BOXEO DE CAMPEONES on FOX Deportes Main Event Tuesday Night From Robinson Rancheria Resort & Casino in Nice, California Kyrone Davis Defeats Marcos Hernandez by Split-Decision In Matchup of Exciting [...]
- Antoine Douglas stops Eduardo Mercedes in 2 rounds to win WBC Fedelatin title — FOLLOW AND SHARE Antoine Douglas stops Eduardo Mercedes in 2 rounds to win WBC Fedelatin title Gains 2nd knockout in 2 weeks Nutley, NJ (March 28, 2017) – World ranked middleweight Antoine Douglas scored his 2nd knockout in 2 weeks as he took out Eduardo Mercedes at 1:45 of round two to capture the [...]