WBF Champ Nicole Wesner Ready For Undefeated Challenger
Undefeated World Boxing Federation (WBF) Womens World Lightweight Champion Nicole Wesner, 11-0 (5), from Germany could be facing her biggest challenge on Sunday December 4, when she makes her second title-defense in Hamburg.
Not only is challenger Diafane Salazar from the Dominican Republic also undefeated, bringing a 9-0 (8) record, but video footage of her is limited, making the champion venture into unknown territory against an opponent who can clearly punch.
Salazar made her professional debut in June of 2015, and, except for one bout going the distance, she has disposed of all opponents in three rounds or less. Four victories has come in the first round, three in the second round and one foe managed to make it into the third round.
Despite those impressive statistics, and Salazar´s higher activity level, Wesner must be considered a favorite to retain the title she won in December 2014. She has far more experience from big fights, and has by far fought the better opposition.
Wesner last defended the world title in September 2015, with a unanimous decision over former world champion Irma Balijagic Adler, and has since been on the sidelines due to several fights being canceled for various reasons. Now she is finally set to return to the ring, and eager to prove she is one of the absolute best in the world.
With twenty victories, including thirteen stoppages, and no losses between them, Wesner vs. Salazar promises to be exciting for as long as it lasts. Salazar is bound to be dangerous, especially in the early rounds, and if Wesner is suffering from ring-rust due to the lay-off, it could be a very long (or short) night for her.
- Truth versus Showtime: Is Errol Spence Jr. versus Shawn Porter Next on the IBF Horizon? — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest Truth versus Showtime: Is Errol Spence versus Shawn Porter Next on the IBF Horizon? By Robert Brizel, Head Real Combat Media Boxing Correspondent At 22-0, 27-year-old southpaw World Welterweight champion Errol ‘The Truth’ Spence Jr. must now defend his International Boxing Federation title, won this past weekend in England by stopping Kell Brook. [...]
- BROOK VS. SPENCE & GROVES VS. CHUDINOV RESULTS, POST PRESSER, VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS & INTERVIEWS — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest BROOK VS. SPENCE & GROVES VS. CHUDINOV RESULTS, POST PRESSER, VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS & INTERVIEWS Photo Credit: Richard Sellers/PA Images/Getty Images By ESPN Boxing Sheffield, UK (May 28th, 2017)– Kell Brook surrendered his IBF welterweight title to Errol Spence Jr. after the American produced an impressive performance to claim his first world title Saturday. Spence [...]
- Undefeated Oshin Derieuw Dominates Marion Montanari, Secures WBF International Title in France — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest Derieuw Dominates Montanari, Secures WBF International Title Louvroil, France (May 28th, 2017)– Undefeated Oshin Derieuw put on a master-class on Saturday night at the Salle Marcel Dufour in Louvroil, France, beating compatriot Marion Montanari to win the vacant World Boxing Federation (WBF) Womens International Light Welterweight title. Headlining a show promoted by [...]
- BROOK VS. SPENCE JR. WILL HAVE ADDITIONAL SECURITY MEASURES — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest BROOK VS. SPENCE JR.: CONFIRMATION OF ADDITIONAL SECURITY MEASURES Matchroom Boxing, Sheffield United FC and South Yorkshire Police working to ensure a safe night for fight fans Sheffield, UK (27th of May, 2017)– Following the tragic events on Monday night in Manchester, organisers are doing everything possible to ensure Saturday’s world championship [...]
- “Brave Warriors In Action” PPV Weights, pictures & quotes & Weigh in in Mexico — FacebookTwitterGoogle+Pinterest“Brave Warriors In Action” PPV Weights, pictures & quotes from today’s Weigh in in Mexico Showcasing undefeated heavyweight Tyrone “King of the Heavyweights” Spong OFFICIAL WEIGHTS, PICTURES & QUOTES MAIN EVENT – VACANT WBO LATINO LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP (10 rounds) MANUEL “El Venado” CEBALLOS (12-1, 8 KOs), Merida, Yucatan, Mexico lbs. vs. CESAR HERNAN [...]