Uncasville, Connecticut: Vaughn Alexander (6-0, 5 KOs), older brother of welterweight contender Devon Alexander, has signed with Main Events and will make his Main Events’ debut later this month on the undercard of the Mohegan Sun’s Rising Stars Boxing Series on Nov. 26 in Uncasville, Connecticut against Antonio Fernandes of Brockton, MA in a six-round match-up.
Twelve years ago, Vaughn Alexander was a hot young undefeated prospect coming off an impressive amateur career with a 5-0 (4 KOs) professional record when he was arrested and sent to prison for more than a decade. Now a free man, he is 30 years old and ready to resume the path he started on 12 years ago. Last week, Alexander stopped Kevin Brown in the second round in his first fight since his release. Now the middleweight from St. Louis, Missouri is ready to make his Main Events debut on Nov. 26 at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.
When asked about his new deal with Main Events Vaughn responded, “I am ecstatic! Boxing has always been my dream. When I was younger I was always dedicated to my career, but I was also dedicated to the street life as well. While I was in prison I gained a lot of knowledge. I kept my body in shape because I always prayed that I would get back to this position. I refused to allow my God-given talent to go to waste. When I got out of prison everyone was talking about my age and saying I was too old but my body is preserved. I am grateful that, without hesitation, Main Events has given me this opportunity to show that I am still the best!”
Vaughn is advised by long-time friend George Jakovic who added, “Vaughn is beyond happy to be with Main Events. His goal is to be a champion and he knows that with Main Events behind him this is something he is going to accomplish. He can’t wait to get started on November 26. The boxing world is in for a treat because his style is fan-friendly. I’m looking forward to big things to come with the union of Vaughn and Main Events. Vaughn grew up in a place where many of his friends were killed and incarcerated, became a rising young fighter, only to throw it all away with one bad mistake. Yet while he was incarcerated he never thought of himself as a prisoner. His motivation was to get out and make something of his life in the sport he loves. Now he’s back on track to be a champion, not only in the ring, but outside the ring as well.”
Main Events’ CEO Kathy Duva said, “We are very excited about working with Vaughn. He stumbled in his past but so have many others. The important thing is that he is motivated and ready to move forward. We are so grateful to have this opportunity to debut him on the Mohegan Sun’s Rising Stars Boxing Series. America loves a comeback story!”
Vaughn Alexander Looks to Make a Comeback with Main Events
- Thomas LaManna Wins a Decision Over Samuel Amoako & Jorge Diaz Picks Up a Big Win Over Adam Lopez — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/thomas-lamanna-wins-lbf-intercontinental-welterweight-title-decision-amoako/Follow LaManna wins LBF Intercontinental Welterweight title with decision over Amoako Serrano and Diaz capture WBC Fecarbox crowns Vermall, Mamedov and Julan remain undefeated Atlantic City, NJ (November 21, 2017)– Las Saturday night, Thomas LaManna took home a ten round unanimous decision over rugged Samuel Amoako in the headline bout of an eight bout card at The Claridge [...]
- Former World Champion Devon Alexander Returns to Drop & Defeat Walter Castillo in the Main Event of Premier Boxing Champions — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/former-world-champion-devon-alexander-returns-drop-defeat-walter-castillo-main-event-premier-boxing-champions/Follow Former World Champion Devon Alexander Returns to Drop & Defeat Walter Castillo in the Main Event of Premier Boxing Champions TOE-TO-TOE TUESDAYS on FS1 & BOXEO DE CAMPEONES on FOX Deportes from The Coliseum in St. Petersburg, Fla. Miguel Cruz Remains Unbeaten With Unanimous Decision Over David Grayton Click HERE for Photos from Douglas DeFelice/ Premier Boxing Champions [...]
- ERROL SPENCE JR VS LAMONT PERTERSON IS OFFICIAL — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/errol-spence-jr-vs-lamont-perterson-official/Follow WELTERWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION ERROL SPENCE JR. TO DEFEND AGAINST FORMER CHAMPION LAMONT PETERSON SATURDAY, JANUARY 20 LIVE ON SHOWTIME® FROM BARCLAYS CENTER IN BROOKLYN & PRESENTED BY PREMIER BOXING CHAMPIONS Spence Returns for First Title Defense in SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® Main Event Tickets On Sale Tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. ET BROOKLYN (Nov. 21, 2017) [...]
- Boxing Weights from Bethlehem, PA — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/boxing-weights-bethlehem-pa/Follow Weights from Bethlehem, PA Bethlehem, PA (November 21, 2017) – Weights for Tonight’s card at The Sands Bethlehem Event Center Myke Fox 143 – Manuel Reyes 147.9 Victor Vazquez 137.3 – Rcardo Garcia 136.7 Joseph Adorno 133.9 – Corben Page 132.8 Juan Sanchez 126 – James Early 129.2 Harold Lopez 113.6 – [...]
- SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT PROSPECT BLAIR “THE FLAIR” COBBS IMPROVES TO 8-0, 6 KO’S WITH TKO VICTORY — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/super-lightweight-prospect-blair-flair-cobbs-improves-8-0-6-kos-tko-victory/Follow UNBEATEN SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT PROSPECT BLAIR “THE FLAIR” COBBS IMPROVES TO 8-0, 6 KO’S WITH TKO VICTORY Photo by Prince Ranch Boxing LAS VEGAS, NV (November 20, 2017) – This past Saturday Prince Ranch Boxing’ssuper-lightweight prospect, Blair “The Flair” Cobbs (7-0, 6 KOs), remained undefeated with a dominating performance against Ousmane Sylla (1-3-1, 1 KO), scoring a 4th round TKO. The scheduled [...]