|David “Ava” Avanesyan (21-1-1, 11 KOs) 146.7lbs vs “Sugar” Shane Mosley (49-9-1, 41 KOs) 146lbs
WBA interim welterweight title
Here are photos from today’s Official Weigh-in. Please credit these pictures to Marcelino Miguel Castillo Gonzalez.
About the fight:
USA vs Russia “For the Title”
Mosley vs. Avanesyan battle for the WBA
May 28th Memorial Weekend
Live on CBS Sports Network
Gila River Arena in Glendale
MAIN EVENT – WBA WELTERWEIGHT INTERIM WORLD TITLE – 12 ROUNDS
“Sugar” SHANE MOSLEY 49-9-1, 41 KOs), Pomona, CA
DAVID “Ava” AVANESYAN (21-1-1, 11 KOs),Pyatigorsk, Russia
“Sugar” Shane Mosley, is back with a bang on May 28th, 2016 at the gorgeous Gila River Arena in Glendale, AZ. Soon after Mosley’s December 17th win over two time Olympian Patrick Lopez, Shane entered into negotiations with not one but TWO current World Champions for a fight in the summer. After months of going back and forth, both champions backed out to opt for what each cites as “an easier defense” than Mosley. Mosley’s search to get a world title fight continued until one courageous fighter and his manager accepted the Mosley challenge. David Avanesyan is currently ranked #1 in the world with the WBA and the current interim WBA Welterweight World Champion. Avanesyan has held 6 titles in his time as a professional fighter and recently won the WBA title against Charlie Navarro (a top rated fighter).
After striking up a grand friendship in Panama, Mosley has enlisted the man, the myth, the legend, Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran, to be his trainer. This “Sugar and Stone” team, as they are calling themselves, are a match made in heaven, and the fans are going crazy. The match is being promoted by GoBox Promotions, the promotional outfit owned by Shane Mosley. The promotion promises to be a lively event with the hottest ring girls, boxing demonstrations, signed glove giveaways and fan contests. The last GoBox event was a fan hailed success with the “ring girl” fights in between matches, and musical performances. Go Box plan to take it one step further with their amazing new sponsors, and the support of Gila River Arena as well as CBS Sports.
WHEN: Saturday, May 28th, 2016
WHERE: GILA RIVER ARENA, Glendale, AZ
PRESENTED BY: “Sugar” Shane Mosley
PROMOTER: GoBox Promotions, Inc.
TELEVISION: CBS Sports Network
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go towww.cbssportsnetwork.com .
BROADCASTERS: Brendan Schaub (tentative) , Steve Kim
RING ANNOUNCER: TBA
TICKETS: $500.00 ringside, $250-$150 floor, $89-$69-$39-$15 (premiere to general admission) seating now on sale at Ticketmaster.com or the Gila River Arena box office (951-665-1000). VIP Access is $1000.00, and includes pre-party, signed, meet and greet with “Sugar” Shane Mosley, and glove signed by main event fighters. Taxes and fees apply to all sold tickets.
OFFICIAL WEIGH IN: Friday, May 27th, 2016, 3:00 p.m. / PT on scale outside Gila River Arena.
DOORS OPEN: 5:00 p.m. PT
FIRST BOUT: 6:00 p.m. PT
FIRST TV BOUT: 7:30 p.m. PT
SHANE MOSLEY VS. DAVID AVANEYSAN WEIGH-IN VIDEO
- LINARES DEFEATS CAMPBELL ON HBO & VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS – LINARES CALLS OUT MIKEY GARCIA — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/09/53535/Follow LINARES DEFEATS CAMPBELL ON HBO – CALLS OUT MIKEY GARCIA By ESPN.Boxing *Photo Credit: Getty Sports Inglewood, California (September 24th, 2017)– In an extremely tight fight, Jorge Linares retained the lightweight world championship by split decision against Luke Campbell on Saturday night before 4,125 at The Forum in Inglewood, California. Two judges scored the [...]
- BELLATOR 183 RESULTS — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/09/53532/Follow BELLATOR 183 RESULTS Patricky “Pitbull” defeated Benson Henderson via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) Quote: “I want the champion. I want Brent Primus. Tonight I took down another former champion and I want my shot at that belt,” Patricky Freire said. “He keeps running from me but now it’s time. I want that belt and after [...]
- DANIEL JACOBS SIGNS WITH MATCHROOM BOXING — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/09/daniel-jacobs-signs-matchroom-boxing/Follow DANIEL JACOBS SIGNS WITH MATCHROOM BOXING Former Middleweight king returns on HBO in November Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing delighted to announce their first American signing as Daniel Jacobs pens a multi-fight deal as part of Matchroom Boxing’s new venture in the US. The former Middleweight World ruler will make his [...]
- Yunier Dorticos Delivers Powerful Second Round Knockout Over Dmitry Kudryashov in World Boxing Super Series Cruiserweight Quarter-final — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/09/53523/Follow Yunier Dorticos Delivers Powerful Second Round Knockout Over Dmitry Kudryashov in World Boxing Super Series Cruiserweight Quarter-final Saturday Night from the Alamodome in San Antonio Once-Beaten Keith Tapia Drops Lateef Kayode on His Way to Unanimous Decision Victory in WBSS Cruiserweight Reserve Match & Former World Champion Nonito Donaire Returns & Wins Unanimous Decision [...]
- JOSEPH PARKER RETAINS WBO WITH WIN OVER HUGHIE FURY — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/09/53520/Follow JOSEPH PARKER RETAINS WBO WITH WIN OVER HUGHIE FURY (AP)– Joseph Parker beat Hughie Fury by a majority points decision to retain his World Boxing Organisation (WBO) heavyweight title at the Manchester Arena on Saturday. The New Zealander endured a frustrating night and did not look confident ahead of the scores being announced, [...]