|David “Ava” Avanesyan (21-1-1, 11 KOs) 146.7lbs vs “Sugar” Shane Mosley (49-9-1, 41 KOs) 146lbs
WBA interim welterweight title
Here are photos from today’s Official Weigh-in. Please credit these pictures to Marcelino Miguel Castillo Gonzalez.
About the fight:
USA vs Russia “For the Title”
Mosley vs. Avanesyan battle for the WBA
May 28th Memorial Weekend
Live on CBS Sports Network
Gila River Arena in Glendale
MAIN EVENT – WBA WELTERWEIGHT INTERIM WORLD TITLE – 12 ROUNDS
“Sugar” SHANE MOSLEY 49-9-1, 41 KOs), Pomona, CA
DAVID “Ava” AVANESYAN (21-1-1, 11 KOs),Pyatigorsk, Russia
“Sugar” Shane Mosley, is back with a bang on May 28th, 2016 at the gorgeous Gila River Arena in Glendale, AZ. Soon after Mosley’s December 17th win over two time Olympian Patrick Lopez, Shane entered into negotiations with not one but TWO current World Champions for a fight in the summer. After months of going back and forth, both champions backed out to opt for what each cites as “an easier defense” than Mosley. Mosley’s search to get a world title fight continued until one courageous fighter and his manager accepted the Mosley challenge. David Avanesyan is currently ranked #1 in the world with the WBA and the current interim WBA Welterweight World Champion. Avanesyan has held 6 titles in his time as a professional fighter and recently won the WBA title against Charlie Navarro (a top rated fighter).
After striking up a grand friendship in Panama, Mosley has enlisted the man, the myth, the legend, Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran, to be his trainer. This “Sugar and Stone” team, as they are calling themselves, are a match made in heaven, and the fans are going crazy. The match is being promoted by GoBox Promotions, the promotional outfit owned by Shane Mosley. The promotion promises to be a lively event with the hottest ring girls, boxing demonstrations, signed glove giveaways and fan contests. The last GoBox event was a fan hailed success with the “ring girl” fights in between matches, and musical performances. Go Box plan to take it one step further with their amazing new sponsors, and the support of Gila River Arena as well as CBS Sports.
WHEN: Saturday, May 28th, 2016
WHERE: GILA RIVER ARENA, Glendale, AZ
PRESENTED BY: “Sugar” Shane Mosley
PROMOTER: GoBox Promotions, Inc.
TELEVISION: CBS Sports Network
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go towww.cbssportsnetwork.com .
BROADCASTERS: Brendan Schaub (tentative) , Steve Kim
RING ANNOUNCER: TBA
TICKETS: $500.00 ringside, $250-$150 floor, $89-$69-$39-$15 (premiere to general admission) seating now on sale at Ticketmaster.com or the Gila River Arena box office (951-665-1000). VIP Access is $1000.00, and includes pre-party, signed, meet and greet with “Sugar” Shane Mosley, and glove signed by main event fighters. Taxes and fees apply to all sold tickets.
OFFICIAL WEIGH IN: Friday, May 27th, 2016, 3:00 p.m. / PT on scale outside Gila River Arena.
DOORS OPEN: 5:00 p.m. PT
FIRST BOUT: 6:00 p.m. PT
FIRST TV BOUT: 7:30 p.m. PT
SHANE MOSLEY VS. DAVID AVANEYSAN WEIGH-IN VIDEO
- Thomas LaManna Wins a Decision Over Samuel Amoako & Jorge Diaz Picks Up a Big Win Over Adam Lopez — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/thomas-lamanna-wins-lbf-intercontinental-welterweight-title-decision-amoako/Follow LaManna wins LBF Intercontinental Welterweight title with decision over Amoako Serrano and Diaz capture WBC Fecarbox crowns Vermall, Mamedov and Julan remain undefeated Atlantic City, NJ (November 21, 2017)– Las Saturday night, Thomas LaManna took home a ten round unanimous decision over rugged Samuel Amoako in the headline bout of an eight bout card at The Claridge [...]
- Former World Champion Devon Alexander Returns to Drop & Defeat Walter Castillo in the Main Event of Premier Boxing Champions — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/former-world-champion-devon-alexander-returns-drop-defeat-walter-castillo-main-event-premier-boxing-champions/Follow Former World Champion Devon Alexander Returns to Drop & Defeat Walter Castillo in the Main Event of Premier Boxing Champions TOE-TO-TOE TUESDAYS on FS1 & BOXEO DE CAMPEONES on FOX Deportes from The Coliseum in St. Petersburg, Fla. Miguel Cruz Remains Unbeaten With Unanimous Decision Over David Grayton Click HERE for Photos from Douglas DeFelice/ Premier Boxing Champions [...]
- Sullivan Barrera vs. Felix Valera Scouting Report Two Heavy-Hitters Square Off — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/sullivan-barrera-vs-felix-valera-scouting-report-two-heavy-hitters-square-off/Follow Sullivan Barrera vs. Felix Valera Scouting Report Two Heavy-Hitters Square Off New York, NY: This Saturday’s Kovalev-Shabranskyy HBO World Championship Boxing® telecast will include a battle between two of the light heavyweight division’s biggest punchers when Sullivan Barrera and Felix Valera square off at the Theater at Madison Square Garden. Below is the scouting [...]
- ERROL SPENCE JR VS LAMONT PERTERSON IS OFFICIAL — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/errol-spence-jr-vs-lamont-perterson-official/Follow WELTERWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPION ERROL SPENCE JR. TO DEFEND AGAINST FORMER CHAMPION LAMONT PETERSON SATURDAY, JANUARY 20 LIVE ON SHOWTIME® FROM BARCLAYS CENTER IN BROOKLYN & PRESENTED BY PREMIER BOXING CHAMPIONS Spence Returns for First Title Defense in SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® Main Event Tickets On Sale Tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. ET BROOKLYN (Nov. 21, 2017) [...]
- Boxing Weights from Bethlehem, PA — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/11/boxing-weights-bethlehem-pa/Follow Weights from Bethlehem, PA Bethlehem, PA (November 21, 2017) – Weights for Tonight’s card at The Sands Bethlehem Event Center Myke Fox 143 – Manuel Reyes 147.9 Victor Vazquez 137.3 – Rcardo Garcia 136.7 Joseph Adorno 133.9 – Corben Page 132.8 Juan Sanchez 126 – James Early 129.2 Harold Lopez 113.6 – [...]