|David “Ava” Avanesyan (21-1-1, 11 KOs) 146.7lbs vs “Sugar” Shane Mosley (49-9-1, 41 KOs) 146lbs
WBA interim welterweight title
Here are photos from today’s Official Weigh-in. Please credit these pictures to Marcelino Miguel Castillo Gonzalez.
About the fight:
USA vs Russia “For the Title”
Mosley vs. Avanesyan battle for the WBA
May 28th Memorial Weekend
Live on CBS Sports Network
Gila River Arena in Glendale
MAIN EVENT – WBA WELTERWEIGHT INTERIM WORLD TITLE – 12 ROUNDS
“Sugar” SHANE MOSLEY 49-9-1, 41 KOs), Pomona, CA
DAVID “Ava” AVANESYAN (21-1-1, 11 KOs),Pyatigorsk, Russia
“Sugar” Shane Mosley, is back with a bang on May 28th, 2016 at the gorgeous Gila River Arena in Glendale, AZ. Soon after Mosley’s December 17th win over two time Olympian Patrick Lopez, Shane entered into negotiations with not one but TWO current World Champions for a fight in the summer. After months of going back and forth, both champions backed out to opt for what each cites as “an easier defense” than Mosley. Mosley’s search to get a world title fight continued until one courageous fighter and his manager accepted the Mosley challenge. David Avanesyan is currently ranked #1 in the world with the WBA and the current interim WBA Welterweight World Champion. Avanesyan has held 6 titles in his time as a professional fighter and recently won the WBA title against Charlie Navarro (a top rated fighter).
After striking up a grand friendship in Panama, Mosley has enlisted the man, the myth, the legend, Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran, to be his trainer. This “Sugar and Stone” team, as they are calling themselves, are a match made in heaven, and the fans are going crazy. The match is being promoted by GoBox Promotions, the promotional outfit owned by Shane Mosley. The promotion promises to be a lively event with the hottest ring girls, boxing demonstrations, signed glove giveaways and fan contests. The last GoBox event was a fan hailed success with the “ring girl” fights in between matches, and musical performances. Go Box plan to take it one step further with their amazing new sponsors, and the support of Gila River Arena as well as CBS Sports.
WHEN: Saturday, May 28th, 2016
WHERE: GILA RIVER ARENA, Glendale, AZ
PRESENTED BY: “Sugar” Shane Mosley
PROMOTER: GoBox Promotions, Inc.
TELEVISION: CBS Sports Network
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go towww.cbssportsnetwork.com .
BROADCASTERS: Brendan Schaub (tentative) , Steve Kim
RING ANNOUNCER: TBA
TICKETS: $500.00 ringside, $250-$150 floor, $89-$69-$39-$15 (premiere to general admission) seating now on sale at Ticketmaster.com or the Gila River Arena box office (951-665-1000). VIP Access is $1000.00, and includes pre-party, signed, meet and greet with “Sugar” Shane Mosley, and glove signed by main event fighters. Taxes and fees apply to all sold tickets.
OFFICIAL WEIGH IN: Friday, May 27th, 2016, 3:00 p.m. / PT on scale outside Gila River Arena.
DOORS OPEN: 5:00 p.m. PT
FIRST BOUT: 6:00 p.m. PT
FIRST TV BOUT: 7:30 p.m. PT
SHANE MOSLEY VS. DAVID AVANEYSAN WEIGH-IN VIDEO
- Bellator 198 Press Conference & Weigh-in Video — http://realcombatmedia.com/2018/04/bellator-198-press-conference-weigh-in-video/Follow Bellator 198 Main Card (9 PM ET, Paramount Network) Fedor Emelianenko vs. Frank Mir Emmanuel Sanchez vs. Sam Sicilia Rafael Lovato Jr. vs. Gerald Harris Neiman Gracie vs. Javier Torres Dillon Danis vs. Kyle Walker Preliminary Card (7 PM ET, Online) R’Mandel Cameron vs. P. J. Cajigas Dan Stittgen vs. Mark Stoddard Eric Wisely vs. [...]
- Keith Thurman Relinquishes WBC title Due to Injury Rehabilitation — http://realcombatmedia.com/2018/04/keith-thurman-relinquishes-wbc-title-due-to-injury-rehabilitation/Follow Unified Welterweight Champion Keith Thurman Relinquishes WBC title Due to Injury Rehabilitation Will Remain WBA Champion and Fight for WBC Crown Once He Has Fully Recovered CLEARWATER, FLORIDA (April 24, 2018)– Unified welterweight champion Keith Thurman has voluntarily relinquished his WBC title while he recovers from the effects of elbow surgery last year [...]
- TWO BLOCKBUSTER CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHTS HEADLINE UFC® INTERNATIONAL FIGHT WEEK™ — http://realcombatmedia.com/2018/04/two-blockbuster-championship-fights-headline-ufc-international-fight-week/Follow TWO BLOCKBUSTER CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHTS HEADLINE UFC® INTERNATIONAL FIGHT WEEK™ UFC® 226: MIOCIC vs. CORMIER FEATURED BOUTS: (C) STIPE MIOCIC vs. (C – LHW) DANIEL CORMIER (C) MAX HOLLOWAY vs. (#1) BRIAN ORTEGA TICKETS FOR UFC® 226: MIOCIC vs. CORMIER AT T-MOBILE ARENA AND THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER® FINALE AT THE PEARL AT PALMS CASINO RESORT GO ON SALE FRIDAY, APRIL 27 Las Vegas – The [...]
- GENNADY GOLOVKIN AND VANES MARTIROSYAN MEDIA WORKOUT & QUOTES — http://realcombatmedia.com/2018/04/gennady-golovkin-and-vanes-martirosyan-media-workout/Follow HOT QUOTES FROM GENNADY GOLOVKIN AND VANES MARTIROSYAN 2004 Olympians Meet The Press and Each Other on Martirosyan’s Home Turf GLENDALE, CALIF. (April 24, 2018) — Fellow 2004 Olympians and soon-to-be opponents GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN and VANES “THE NIGHTMARE” MARTIROSYAN met with the media — and each other — on Monday at Martirosyan’s gym, the Glendale Fighting [...]
- Demond “D’Bestatit” Nicholson vs. Jesse Hart at the Liacouras Center this Saturday night, airing live on ESPN. — http://realcombatmedia.com/2018/04/demond-dbestatit-nicholson-vs-jesse-hart/Follow DEMOND NICHOLSON: “SATURDAY NIGHT’S ALRIGHT FOR FIGHTING” Laurel, Maryland (April 24, 2018)– Speaking ahead of his final workout before heading to Philadelphia, PA, hard-hitting super middleweight Demond “D’Bestatit” Nicholson (18-2-1, 17 KOs) could barely contain himself ahead of his rivalry showdown with hometown favorite, Jesse “Hard Work” Hart (23-1-0, 19 KOs) at the Liacouras Center this Saturday night, airing [...]