|David “Ava” Avanesyan (21-1-1, 11 KOs) 146.7lbs vs “Sugar” Shane Mosley (49-9-1, 41 KOs) 146lbs
WBA interim welterweight title
Here are photos from today’s Official Weigh-in. Please credit these pictures to Marcelino Miguel Castillo Gonzalez.
About the fight:
USA vs Russia “For the Title”
Mosley vs. Avanesyan battle for the WBA
May 28th Memorial Weekend
Live on CBS Sports Network
Gila River Arena in Glendale
MAIN EVENT – WBA WELTERWEIGHT INTERIM WORLD TITLE – 12 ROUNDS
“Sugar” SHANE MOSLEY 49-9-1, 41 KOs), Pomona, CA
DAVID “Ava” AVANESYAN (21-1-1, 11 KOs),Pyatigorsk, Russia
“Sugar” Shane Mosley, is back with a bang on May 28th, 2016 at the gorgeous Gila River Arena in Glendale, AZ. Soon after Mosley’s December 17th win over two time Olympian Patrick Lopez, Shane entered into negotiations with not one but TWO current World Champions for a fight in the summer. After months of going back and forth, both champions backed out to opt for what each cites as “an easier defense” than Mosley. Mosley’s search to get a world title fight continued until one courageous fighter and his manager accepted the Mosley challenge. David Avanesyan is currently ranked #1 in the world with the WBA and the current interim WBA Welterweight World Champion. Avanesyan has held 6 titles in his time as a professional fighter and recently won the WBA title against Charlie Navarro (a top rated fighter).
After striking up a grand friendship in Panama, Mosley has enlisted the man, the myth, the legend, Roberto “Hands of Stone” Duran, to be his trainer. This “Sugar and Stone” team, as they are calling themselves, are a match made in heaven, and the fans are going crazy. The match is being promoted by GoBox Promotions, the promotional outfit owned by Shane Mosley. The promotion promises to be a lively event with the hottest ring girls, boxing demonstrations, signed glove giveaways and fan contests. The last GoBox event was a fan hailed success with the “ring girl” fights in between matches, and musical performances. Go Box plan to take it one step further with their amazing new sponsors, and the support of Gila River Arena as well as CBS Sports.
WHEN: Saturday, May 28th, 2016
WHERE: GILA RIVER ARENA, Glendale, AZ
PRESENTED BY: “Sugar” Shane Mosley
PROMOTER: GoBox Promotions, Inc.
TELEVISION: CBS Sports Network
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go towww.cbssportsnetwork.com .
BROADCASTERS: Brendan Schaub (tentative) , Steve Kim
RING ANNOUNCER: TBA
TICKETS: $500.00 ringside, $250-$150 floor, $89-$69-$39-$15 (premiere to general admission) seating now on sale at Ticketmaster.com or the Gila River Arena box office (951-665-1000). VIP Access is $1000.00, and includes pre-party, signed, meet and greet with “Sugar” Shane Mosley, and glove signed by main event fighters. Taxes and fees apply to all sold tickets.
OFFICIAL WEIGH IN: Friday, May 27th, 2016, 3:00 p.m. / PT on scale outside Gila River Arena.
DOORS OPEN: 5:00 p.m. PT
FIRST BOUT: 6:00 p.m. PT
FIRST TV BOUT: 7:30 p.m. PT
SHANE MOSLEY VS. DAVID AVANEYSAN WEIGH-IN VIDEO
- BRONER VS. GARCIA & CHARLO VS. HEILAND MEDIA CALL- BRONER TO LOSE 500K IF HE MISSES WEIGHT! — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/07/broner-vs-garcia-charlo-vs-heiland-media-call-broner-lose-500k-misses-weight/Follow Adrien Broner vs. Mikey Garcia & Jermall Charlo vs. Jorge Sebastian Heiland Media Conference Call Transcript & MP3 Lou DiBella Thanks, everybody, for joining us for what’s going to be a terrific card with Adrien Broner versus Mikey Garcia in the main event at a 12-round junior welterweight fight on SHOWTIME on July 29th, [...]
- REAL COMBAT MEDIA UK: PAUL BUTLER JOINS MATCHROOM AND REMATCHES STUART HALL – PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/07/real-combat-media-uk-paul-butler-joins-matchroom-rematches-stuart-hall/Follow PAUL BUTLER JOINS MATCHROOM AND REMATCHES HALL Rivals clash in World title eliminator in Liverpool on Sept 30 Liverpool, UK (24th of July, 2017)– Paul Butler has signed a promotional deal with Matchroom Boxing and will face bitter rival Stuart Hall in an eliminator for the WBA World Bantamweight title at [...]
- Junior “The Young God” Younan to be showcased in “KO Night Boxing: Rumble on the Water 2” co-feature — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/07/junior-young-god-younan-showcased-ko-night-boxing-rumble-water-2-co-feature/Follow Undefeated Brooklyn light heavyweight prospect Junior “The Young God” Younan to be showcased in “KO Night Boxing: Rumble on the Water 2” co-feature July 29 on CBS Sports Network, live from The Queen Mary Junior Younan (photo courtesy of Roc Nation Sports) LONG BEACH. Calif. (July 24, 2017) – Former junior boxing prodigy and [...]
- RAGING BABE BRUNCH RETURNS SEPTEMBER, 16TH PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT PRICHARD COLON FOUNDATION — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/07/raging-babe-brunch-returns-september-16th-proceeds-benefit-prichard-colon-foundation/Follow RAGING BABE BRUNCH RETURNS SEPTEMBER, 16TH PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT PRICHARD COLON FOUNDATION LAS VEGAS – July 24, 2017 – September, 16th is a huge day for boxing in Las Vegas, with Saul “Canelo” Alvarez facing Gennady “GGG” Golovkin in a must-win contest for the king of the middleweight division. As boxing’s elite descend on the Las [...]
- UFC ON FOX 25 RESULTS, VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS & POST PRESS CONFERENCE — http://realcombatmedia.com/2017/07/52701/Follow UFC ON FOX 25 RESULTS Chris Weidman vs. Kelvin Gastelum — Weidman def. Gastelum by submission (arm triangle choke) at 3:45 of Round Three Dennis Bermudez vs. Darren Elkins — Elkins def. Bermudez by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28 Patrick Cummins vs. Gian Villante — Cummins def. Villante by split decision (29-28, 28-29, [...]