UFC ON ESPN +36 PRESS CONFERENCE & WEIGH-IN VIDEOS
Las Vegas, NV (September 18th, 2020)– The UFC Vegas 11 showdown between Colby Covington and Tyron Woodley is one of the biggest non-title fights in the company’s history when two former ATT training partners collide on Saturday night on ESPN Plus.
During this bizarre press conference on Thursday, Tyron Woodley’s media portion of the UFC Vegas 11 press conference on Thursday, he repeatedly answered: “because Black Lives Matter” or some version thereof to all of the questions posed him.
Woodley wore a hat with the slogan, “Make Racists Catch The Fade Again,” while Covington wore a “Keep America Great” Donald Trump hat.
UFC on ESPN+ 36 takes place inside the UFC Apex in the fight capital of the world, Las Vegas. The event airs live on the ESPN+ streaming platform. Preliminary action begins at 5 p.m. ET, followed at 8 p.m. ET by the main card.
All 28 fighters on the card make weight
In the main event, former interim welterweight champion Colby Covington (15-2 MMA, 10-2 UFC) takes on ex-welterweight champ Tyron Woodley (19-5-1 MMA, 9-4-1 UFC). Woodley was the first fighter to weigh in during the two-hour window and was 171 pounds. Covington weighed in a few minutes later and was the same at 171.
In the co-feature, Donald Cerrone (36-15 MMA, 23-12 UFC) and Niko Price (14-4 MMA, 6-4 UFC) each came in at 170.5 pounds for their welterweight bout. And Mackenzie Dern (8-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC), who has missed weight three times in her nine-bout MMA career, was on the strawweight mark at 115 pounds. Her opponent, Randa Markos (10-8-1 MMA, 6-7 UFC), was 115.5.
The weigh-ins took place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The same venue hosts Saturday’s card, which streams on ESPN+.
The full UFC on ESPN+ 36 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (8 p.m., ESPN+)
- Colby Covington (171) vs. Tyron Woodley (171)
- Donald Cerrone (170.5) vs. Niko Price (170.5)
- Khamzat Chimaev (185.5) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (186)
- Ryan Spann (205.5) vs. Johnny Walker (205.5)
- Mackenzie Dern (115) vs. Randa Markos (115.5)
- Kevin Holland (185) vs. Darren Stewart (185.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (5 p.m., ESPN+)
- David Dvorak (125.5) vs. Jordan Espinosa (126)
- Mirsad Bektic (144.5) vs. Damon Jackson (145.5)
- Mara Romero Borella (125) vs. Mayra Bueno Silva (125.5)
- Sarah Alpar (135.5) vs. Jessica-Rose Clark (135)
- T.J. Laramie (145) vs. Darrick Minner (146)
- Randy Costa (135) vs. Journey Newson (135)
- Andre Ewell (134.5) vs. Irwin Rivera (135.5)
- Tyson Nam (136) vs. Jerome Rivera (135)