Manny Pacquiao has decided to challenge American Timothy Bradley for the World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title according to the Manila Bulletin and several media sources.
It will be a rematch between the two fighters, who first fought in a controversial match in June 2012. Many people who watched the first fight thought Manny Pacquiao was robbed of a victory.
The rematch is scheduled to take place April 12th at the MGM Grand Arena The press tour will follow in the first week of February with Los Angeles as the first stop on Feb. 4 and New York on Feb.
Manny Pacquiao is coming off a dominating performance against a very tough Brandon Rios last month. Tim Bradley defeated Juan Manuel Marquez by a split decision in October 2013 . Marquez stopped Pacquiao in December of 2012 by a devastating KO which left Manny unconscious for a few minutes. However, he defeated Marquez twice before and fought to a draw in their 2004 fight.
Top Rank promotions is expected to make an official announcement in the next few days.
“Yes, I want to fight Bradley” Pacquiao said early January. “I want the rematch simply because I want to win back the title he took from me by a questionable decision.”
“Almost everyone in the world thought I won the fight, so it’s fitting to get back the title for people like me who got robbed of a victory,” he said.



