167838700-1865723
Getty
David Haye has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled fight against  Manuel Charr on June 29, after picking up a hand injury in training.

The fight at the Manchester Arena was to be Haye’s return to the ring – following  some time as a TV celebrity.He has not fought since beating Dereck Chisora  last July.

The Chisora fight itself represented a comeback – Haye retired in October  2011, having lost his world crown to Wladimir Klitscho in Germany earlier that  year.

A statement released today by the Haye camp said: The injury to his left hand  occurred on Sunday evening and left the former WBA world heavyweight champion  with no option but to postpone his impending return to the ring.

Haye said: “I’m absolutely gutted to have to pull out of this fight on June 29. I pick up injuries now and again in training, and sometimes carry them into  fights, but this was one I simply couldn’t recover from in time. I need to rest  it up for at least four weeks.

“I apologise to Manuel Charr and to everybody involved with the promotion.  But most of all I want to say sorry to the thousands of fans who bought tickets  to the fight. I felt it was important to let them know about the cancellation as  soon as possible, so they can now make other plans.

“As soon as I am told I can resume  full training, my loyal fans will be the first to know.”

The statement said that tickets can be refunded at the point of  sale

 

Share

COMMENTS

COMMENTS

@REALCOMBATMEDIA - Editorial Staff
Editor in Chief
We are the Editorial staff for the top independent international boxing and mma online publication since 2012. Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @realcombatmedia. For breaking news reports, contact us at [email protected] and for advertising or consulting inquiries, email us at [email protected].