UFC Fight Night 221 Results, Post Presser, Social Media Reaction & Video Highlights
You can catch all the UFC Fight Night 221 results from Las Vegas and highlights below!
Preliminary Card Highlights
Bruno Silva def. Tyson Nam
In this flyweight bout, Bruno Silva made a successful return to the Octagon with a rear-naked choke win against Tyson Nam. Catch the finish below.
Josh Fremd def. Sedriques Dumas
In this middleweight bout, Josh Fremd pulled off a guillotine choke in the second round against Sedriques Dumas. Catch the highlights below.
Davey Grant def. Raphael Assuncao
In this bantamweight bout, Davey Grant earned his second consecutive win by defeating Raphael Assuncao via reverse triangle. And after the fight, Assuncao announced his MMA retirement. Catch the finish below.
Main Card Highlights:
Vitor Petrino def. Anton Turkalj
In this light heavyweight bout, Vitor Petrino got it done via unanimous decision against Anton Turkalj.
Round one saw Petrino unload on Turkalj to send him to the canvas, but the Swede landed a brutal upkick that wobbled Petrino. A back-and-forth round two saw Turkalj take Petrino’s back briefly and wobble him with a huge blow.
In round three, Turkalj took Petrino’s back yet again, but as before, the Brazilian reversed it before landing a couple of huge takedowns. Catch the highlights below.
Mario Bautista def. Guido Cannetti
Mario Bautista earned his fourth successive win with a quick rear-naked choke submission of Guido Cannetti in their bantamweight bout. Catch the finish below.
Jonathan Martinez def. Said Nurmagomedov
In this bantamweight bout, Jonathan Martinez earned a unanimous decision victory against Said Nurmagomedov.
In round one, Nurmagomedov put on a striking display landing head kicks and a spinning backfist, while also taking Martinez’s back and almost making him tap. Round two saw Martinez take advantage of a laboring Nurmagomedov, troubling him with strikes and grappling.
In round three, Nurmagomedov took advantage of a Martinez slip to get on top. After fending off an arm bar attempt, Nurmagomedov took Martinez’s back, but the American escaped to get back to his feet and dominate in the clinch. Catch the highlights below.
Nikita Krylov def. Ryan Spann
It this short yet wild light heavyweight fight, Nikita Krylov narrowly escaped a guillotine attempt to submit Ryan Spann with a triangle choke. Catch the finish below.
Alexander Volkov def. Alexandr Romanov
In the co-main event, Alexander Volkov took just over two minuets to destroy Alexandr Romanov via TKO. Catch the finish below.
Merab Dvalishvili def. Petr Yan
In the main event, Merab Dvalishvili made a statement with a dominant unanimous decision win over Petr Yan.
Both fighters kept a crazy pace in round one, with Yan stuffing numerous takedowns and Dvalishvili landing multiple heavy blows. In round two, Dvalishvili placed Yan under relentless pressure, taking him down multiple times and landing a brutal calf kick.
Round three saw Dvalishvili continue to frustrate Yan with his relentless wrestling. In round four, Dvalishvili’s wrestling continued to stifle Yan, with the Georgian landing some blistering strikes too. And in the final round, Dvalishvili kept up his blistering pace to outgrapple Yan and round out a very convincing win. Catch the highlights below.
• Bantamweight: Merab Dvalishvili def. Petr Yan via unanimous decision (50-45×3)
• Heavyweight: Alexander Volkov def. Alexandr Romanov via TKO: R1, 2.16
• Catchweight (215 lbs): Nikita Krylov def. Ryan Spann via submission: R1, 3.38
• Bantamweight: Jonathan Martinez def. Said Nurmagomedov via unanimous decision (29-28×3)
• Bantamweight: Mario Bautista def. Guido Cannetti via submission: R1, 3.18
• Light heavyweight: Vitor Petrino def. Anton Turkalj via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27×2)
• Heavyweight: Karl Williams def. Lukasz Brzeski via unanimous decision (30-26×2, 30-27)
• Bantamweight: Davey Grant def. Raphael Assuncao via submission: R3,
• Middleweight: Josh Fremd def. Sedriques Dumas via submission: R2, 3.00
• Bantamweight: Victor Henry def. Tony Gravely via spit decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)
• Flyweight: Ariane Lipski def. JJ Aldrich via unanimous decision (30-27×3)
• Flyweight: Bruno Silva def. Tyson Nam via submission: R2, 1.23
• Welterweight: Carlston Harris def. Jared Gooden via unanimous decision (30-27×3)