Jarrell Miller Stops Lucas Browne on Probox TV in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi (March 19th, 2023)– The Big Baby, Jarrell Miller (26-0-1) crossed swords with Australian Lucas Browne (31-4) in Dubai this evening courtesy of Hardcore Boxing live on PROBOX TV.
Both men promised an all action slugfest, the pair stayed true to their word with neither man taking a backward step all night.
The fight was eventually waved off by referee Daniel Van de Wiele in the sixth round after an explosive heavyweight showdown.
It started to set fire in the second round when Miller first had Browne in trouble with an impressive output coming from the 333 pound American. Round four saw Browne saved by the bell as both men were looking for the knockout all evening. ‘Browne in serious trouble’ were the words from commentator Ray Flores as Miller had Browne in all sorts of bother, however Browne would not give in, fighting fire with fire, landing some of his own bombs to get himself to the end of the round.
By the time round six rolled up, the damage was getting ever more obvious on the face of the Australian. Miller unloaded an assortment of right hands sending Browne to the canvas in the first time of the fight, surprisingly! Browne begrudgingly started to get up on the count of five, telling the referee ‘I’m good to go’. Miller went straight on the attack, the referee saving Browne against the ropes as soon as Miller landed another the right hand.
Jarrell Miller finds himself back in the heavyweight mix in a shallow weight class. Miller called out WBA Regular champion Daniel Dubois in the aftermath.
On the undercard Brandon Glanton (17-2) was in an action packed contest with Soslan Asbarov (4-0) at cruiserweight. The fan friendly fight saw immense pressure from Glanton, but Asbarov showed good boxing despite the the American giving him lots to think about. It was Soslan Asrabov who would pick up his fourth professional victory to remain undefeated, in a fight many thought Glanton should have been given the nod by the judges.
Jono Carroll (24-2-1) won via unanimous decision over fellow former world title challenger Miguel Marriaga (30-7) over ten rounds and Ruslan Fayfer (28-4-1) got a split decision win over the little known German Garcia Montes (8-5) .
Results (DAZN from Newcastle)
- Cyrus Pattinson TKO-9 Chris Jenkins (1:34) [Highlights]
- Pat McCormack TKO-8 Dario Socci (2:12)
- Solomon Dacres TKO-2 Robert Ismay (2:04)
- Hopey Price UD-10 Thomas Masson (98-92, 99-91, 100-90)
- Calum French PTS-8 Jordan Ellison (80-73)
- Mark Dickinson PTS-8 Ben Ridings (80-73)
- Adam Reichard PTS-4 Jahfieus Faure (39-36)
- Maisey Rose PTS-4 Buchra El Quaissi (40-35)
- Muhammed Ali PTS-4 Sean Jackson (40-36)
Results (ProBox TV from Dubai)
- Jarrell Miller TKO-6 Lucas Browne (2:33) [Highlights]
- Soslan Asbarov MD-10 Brandon Glanton (95-95, 97-93, 98-92) [Highlights]
- Samat Abdyrakhmanov UD-4 Nicolas David Veron (39-35, 39-35, 39-35)
- Emil Novruzov TKO-2 Yeison Gonzalez (1:10)
- Jono Carroll UD-10 Miguel Marriaga (98-92, 99-91, 100-90)
- Kureysh Sagov D-8 Ali Baloyev (76-76, 76-76, 78-75)
- Ruslan Fayfer SD-8 German Garcia Montes (75-77, 77-75, 77-75)